Learn, Grow and Develop has been designed using tried and tested principles and theories following research with potential learners who overwhelmingly asked for a short programme to help them understand behaviour and improve self-awareness while supporting families.
Learn, Grow and Develop aims to open opportunities for learning that will help professionals who support families understand behaviour which in turn will help them to change lives, improving the well-being of the individual, their family and communities. The programme can be used to support the following:
- Anyone who comes into contact with families who would like to learn more about the families they provide interventions to and feel equipped with the tools that can support life changes
- Anyone working with families to help understand their behaviour and how to support them in the cycle of change
- Professionals that work with supporting families who have low self-esteem or lacks in confidence
- A group or individual who would like to improve their knowledge of self-awareness when working with families
- Professionals that support families where there is intergenerational worklessness and are looking to build their confidence and self-esteem in order to get back into either volunteering or paid employment
Unit 1 – Learn
This unit is all about the past. Together we will explore why families behave in the way they do, how their beliefs and values affect current behaviour and how the choices that families have made have led to the circumstances they are dealing with today
- Getting to know each other
- The Toolbox
- What controls you?
- Who controls you?
- Barriers to control
- Locus of control
Unit 2 – Grow
This unit is all about the present. Together we will build on learning from unit 1 and explore the make-up of the mind; understanding how it works can have a positive impact on future behaviour. We will explore self-esteem, self-talk and self-image and how the three are linked together. This unit will give you the tools and understanding to help families plan the future.
- Optical illusions
- The make-up of the mind and how it works
- Self Image
- Self Talk
- Self Esteem
- The positive and negative self-esteem cycles
Unit 3 – Develop
This unit is all about the future. Together we will build on learning from units 1 and 2 and explore a number of theories designed to help you understand and help families plan for future goals.
- Motivation theory
- What motivates people
- Internal and external motivation
- Comfort zones
- Goal setting
- Developing personal goals